19 Bright + Bold Decor Ideas for Fierce Leos
Calling all Leo babes! If your passionate and fiery sensibilities are itching for a total home revamp, kick off turning another year older with a home makeover featuring DIY decor inspired by your zodiac.
Ruled by the sun, Leos have a flair for the dramatic, and tend to gravitate toward bright and bold decor that represents their individual tastes. This translates into fearlessly colorful and adventurous decor. If you dig any one of these Leo-approved decor traits, scroll on for 19 DIY ideas your Leo self (or BFF) can’t help but love.
被太陽統治，獅子座的人有戲劇性的天賦，而且往往傾向於明亮而大膽的裝飾，以展現他們的個人口味。這轉化成無畏的豐富多彩和冒險裝飾。如果你了這些獅子中的任何一個，認可這些裝飾特質，寶貝們（或BFF）瞧瞧這19 種 DIY想法讓你不能不愛。
1. DIY Wall Art: Ordinary framed prints don’t stand a chance against this attention-grabbing wall art DIY. Made of cotton rope, paints and cardboard, this surprisingly simple project is all that’s needed to up your Leo decor game. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Abstract Art Hexagon Plates: As a Leo, entertaining guests comes as naturally to you as your ABC’s. That pretty much explains why you can never have enough serving-ware. Due to your vivacious nature, your mentality is likely: The more vibrant the plates, the better! (via A Kailo Chic Life)
4. DIY Metal Rolling Cart: Breathe new life into an old metal rolling cart using a can of bright yellow spray paint. As a zodiac ruled by the sun, you’re more than likely to dig the brilliant *sunny* pop of color. Pro tip: When spray painting your cart, spritz an all-purpose cleaner and lightly wipe down in between paint layers to remove any dust from settling. (via Lovely Indeed)
5. DIY DecoArt Metallic Hexagon Wood Shelves: Channel that Leo creativity by sprucing up your home with this unconventional shelving option. The hexagon-shaped shelves will incorporate the geometric trend into your home while maintaining a refined element, thanks to the gold border detail. When finished hanging your shelves, decorate them with little gold trinkets to match the metallic paint. (via Damask Love)
6. DIY Tropical Leaf Magnets: Because Leos are ruled by a source of infinite energy — the sun — they’re always itching to get things done. Cater to your proactive side by making these DIY leaf magnets that will come in handy for holding all your important memos and to-do lists. Plus, the tropical touch is *so* summer-appropriate. (via Design Improvised)
7. DIY Neon Typography Bud Vase: Brighten up the home with these neon-bright DIY vases featuring cheeky messages. If you’d rather channel your optimistic spirit with uplifting or motivational phrases, you can also just say, “You go girl.” (via A Kailo Chic Life)
8. DIY Pom Pom Dinner Napkins: Greet your dinner guests with these chic DIY pom pom napkins that are as cute as they are functional. Their fun and animated print will surely brighten up your table setting. Simply choose your favorite patterned fabric, sew the edges and add pom pom trimming using hot glue or tacky glue. (viaProper)
9. DIY Clay and Wood Bracelet Jewelry Boxes: Leos love a good statement piece, whether it’s a necklace, bracelet or ring. To keep your jewelry items organized in one place, consider making this clay and wood jewelry box to store your favorite pieces. (via Damask Love)
10. DIY Anthropologie Gold Leaf and Resin Coasters: These beautiful gold leaf coasters are almost too pretty to cover with glasses or mugs. The gold leaf flakes give this DIY a gorgeous sunny disposition that’s sure to suit any Leo. (via Sarah Hearts)
11. DIY Copper Pipe Plant Hangers: A little green goes a long way in terms of livening up your home. Opt for these contemporary copper pipe plant hangers to display your favorite air plants from up high. (via Brit + Co)
12. DIY Metallic Magazine Files: Avoid a cluttered desk space with this trusty magazine file. Its bright gold metallic sheen is anything but boring — turning an ordinary office accessory into a must-have decor item. (via Enthralling Gumption)
13. DIY Footed Display Bowls: For Leos who identify with their zodiac’s affinity for baking, this DIY footed display bowl is a must to help display your baked goods. They’ll be a hit at all your gatherings, especially when tasty cookies and macarons are involved. (via Sugar & Cloth)
14. DIY Faux Brass Drawer Fronts: You’re only as organized as the tools you have. So make sure you have this sleek and modern drawer featuring DIY faux brass drawer fronts that’s equal parts stylish and functional. (via Sugar & Cloth)
15. DIY Gem Mirror: Mirrors are an easy way to dramatize a space, and you already know Leos are all about that drama. Spruce up your mantel or side table with this gorgeous gem mirror that’s sure to add dramatic flair to your decor. (via A Beautiful Mess)
16. DIY Gold Leaf Jewelry Tray: An accessory-lover like you can benefit from having a jewelry tray. Make your own using a ceramic plate, tape and gold leaf pen. When finished, seal the look with a clear acrylic spray. (via Homey Oh My!)
17. DIY Ikat Chevron Lamp: It’s not exactly animal print, but the ikat chevron pattern of this lamp will add a welcome touch of the exotic to your home decor. Stick with gold detail to appeal to your zodiac’s taste for regal details. (via Delicious and DIY)
18. DIY Lucite Tray: Lucite, a modern home staple, can do wonders for upgrading your home. Save money while transforming your space with this hack inspired by the $149 CB2 acrylic folding table that you can make for about $60. Now that’s a deal! (via Brit + Co)
19. DIY Anthropologie-Inspired Starburst Mirror: Introduce a trendy mid-century modern piece into your home while simultaneously appealing to your zodiac’s love for dynamic home accessories. This gold starburst mirror doesn’t disappoint. (viaBlitsy)
How many of these DIY decor items will you make? Follow us on Pinterest for more decor ideas and inspo!